It has been over a year since I have posted anything here. Wow, how time flies.
Since I know many people will want to keep up with the missions trip Micah and I are taking to Kenya, I will be posting here not only what we are doing but also some pics that I take along the way.
Here’s what’s happening so far: We have our basic schedule set for while we are in Nairobi. We will be on the go the whole time we are there. Our full team will be meeting with four different ministries that Rockpoint Church supports. The rest of the team will be coming back home after a week in Nairobi. Micah and I will be staying for a few extra days and meeting with one more ministry we support.
Some of the things we will be doing will include:
- Pastor Roy Fruits will be meeting with and teaching some local pastors
- I will be training some of the children’s ministry workers in discipleship of children
- We will be setting up and opening a baby area at the Brydges Center
- We will be participating in a Game Day – mostly just spending time with the kiddos
- I will be teaching quilting at the Sewing Center
Of course, this is all very flexible!!
While in Kenya, we will also be going on safari. I’ll be sure to take lots of pics there.
After Micah and I are finished, we are taking the “long” way home – by way of Rome, Italy for a few days. It will be much needed rest after almost two weeks in Kenya. We are excited to see the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum, and the catacombs. Most of all, I think we are both excited to taste the food!!
Check in every few days to see how things are coming along. Then, come along with us as we venture into Africa!